“Surprise Cat Secks” is a surprising cat secks sand-box game about cats, secks and deadly neuro-toxins!
I made an initial version during the 24th Ludum Dare game development competition, and I’ve extended since (“post-compo” version). Go here to vote for me; just remember to base your judgement off the original version, not the extended one!!
I took regular screenshots throughout the jam so as to create a time-lapse of the entire 48-hour period, bar a period of 2 hours when I forgot to turn it on (it was also off when I was away from my computer):
You can find a video of the initial 48 hour version of the game here:
- improved interface displaying percent min/mean/max resistances,
- fire, ice and poison effects displayed visually on the cats,
- nerve-gas now causes confusion as well as damage, nitrogren freezes faster,
- footsteps sound- and graphical-effects,
- cats actively seek out mates rather than roaming at random,
- cats can be stepped on,
- weapons have been tweaked, with new, better sound effects,
- awful cat-choir music!
I’m planning on adding death by old age and a “fertility gun”: this will make it possible to win the game (if one can even talk about winning) without killing any cats! I also need to redo the start- and end-game screens and trigger victory when a cat is above 90% fitness.
That’s all for now folks, but I do plan to discuss some of the interesting bugs encountered and lessons learn in the near future